12097 Mosteller Rd. 
Cincinnati, OH 45241
Info@AquaProof.com
(513) 459-5400
(859) 927-2003
(937) 458-3124

Rest assured, no high pressure sales or scare tactics here!

How to Cleanup Mold

Mold can make you very ill, especially if you have a sensitivity to mold or are an immune-compromised individual. If you have mold in your home, you need to eliminate the source that is creating a damp, moist situation that is hospitable to mold growth, and you have to clean up and remove any mold growth.

There are several ways you could clean up mold. bleach, ammonia, vinegar, and hydrogen peroxide are just some of the things that can be utilized for cleaning up mold. Please note that these should never be used together, as toxic chemical reactions may result. Individually though, all of these solutions are effective ways to clean up mold.

Bleach

Bleach should be used in a mixture of 10 parts water to one part bleach. This mixture is only effective on nonporous surfaces. If you attempt to use the bleach mixture on porous surfaces, only the mold on the exterior will be cleaned off, and the interior will still have mold growing within.

To use the bleach mixture, wipe it on or spray it onto the nonporous surfaces. Do not wipe the mixture away, as the bleach will inhibit further mold growth. If you are using the bleach in an area where food will be or where kids and pets may be present, wipe the solution away.

Ammonia

Mix ammonia with water in a 50/50 mixture. Like with bleach, this mixture should only be used with nonporous surfaces. After spraying the mixture, let it settle on the area for a couple of hours before wiping the solution away.

Vinegar

Vinegar is a natural way to kill many varieties of mold. This natural acid is nontoxic and will not create any noxious fumes, which makes it considerably safer.

It is easy to use, as you do not need to mix it with water or any other substance. Spray white distilled vinegar on any moldy surface, and wipe it away after letting it sit for an hour. To keep your surface mold free, continue to do this as needed.

Hydrogen Peroxide

Hydrogen peroxide is a good way to destroy mold as well as bacteria and viruses. It is also safe to use, and it does not produce any of the toxic fumes that other, harsher alternatives can. Hydrogen peroxide can also be highly useful because it can kill mold on porous surfaces and a wide variety of items including clothing. The downside side is that hydrogen peroxide can lighten the colors of whatever you treat with it, as it has mild bleaching agent properties.

You can kill mold by pouring the 3% concentration of hydrogen peroxide into a spray bottle. Spray the moldy surface until it is damp. Let the solution sit for about ten minutes, at which time you should scrub the surface to remove the mold. Follow this up by a rinse or thorough wipe to be sure all the mold has been removed.

Lifetime Warranty BBB Accredited Business
7 Years in a Row! 2006 - 2013 

AquaProof, Inc.

12097 Mosteller Rd.
Cincinnati, OH 45241

(513) 459-5400
(859) 927-2003
(937) 458-3124
Info@AquaProof.com